If you are using sbt, I personally use sbt-pack to pack all dependencies
under a certain folder and then I set those jars in the spark config

// just for demo I load this through config file overridden by environment
variables
val sparkJars = Seq
("/ROOT_OF_YOUR_PROJECT/target/pack/lib/YOUR_JAR_DEPENDENCY.jar","/ROOT_OF_YOUR_PROJECT/target/pack/lib/YOUR_JAR_DEPENDENCY.jar")

val conf = new SparkConf()
  .setMaster(sparkMaster)
  .setAppName(sparkApp)
  .setJars(sparkJars)