Could I ask which version are you using?

It looks the cause is the empty line right after header (because that case
is not being checked in tests).

However, for empty lines before the header or inside date, they are being
tested.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/databricks/spark-csv/master/src/test/resources/ages.csv

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/databricks/spark-csv/master/src/test/resources/cars.csv

So I think it might have to be able to read that case as well and this
might be an issue.

It can be simply done by ETL but I think the behaviour might have to be
consistent.

Maybe would this be better if this issue is open and discussed?