Hi,

I looked into the spark code at how spark report metrics using the
MetricsSystem class. I've seen that the spark MetricsSystem class when
instantiated parses the metrics.properties file, tries to find the sinks class
name and load them dinamically. It would be great to implement my own sink by
inheriting from the org.apache.spark.metrics.sinks.Sink class but
unfortunately, this class has been declared private[spark] ! So it is not
possible to inverit from it ! Why is that ? Is this gonna change in future
spark versions ?