Hmm, yeah it looks like I could use that to represent time since start of
day. I'm porting existing large SQL queries from Postgres to Spark SQL for
a quickPOC, so I'd prefer not to have to make many changes to it. I'm not
sure if the CalendarIntervalType can be used as a drop-in replacement (i.e.
if all the same operators are defined for it), but I'll give it a try.

- Philip