up vote
down votefavorite
<http://datascience.stackexchange.com/questions/11167/algorithm-suggestion-for-a-specific-problem/11174?noredirect=1#>

I'm working on a problem where in I have some data sets about some power
generating units. Each of these units have been activated to run in the
past and while activation, some units went into some issues. I now have all
these data and I would like to come up with some sort of Ranking for these
generating units. The criteria for ranking would be pretty simple to start
with. They are:

   1. Maximum number of times a particular generating unit was activated
   2. How many times did the generating unit ran into problems during
   activation

Later on I would expand on this ranking algorithm by adding more criteria.
I will be using Apache Spark MLIB library and I can already see that there
are quite a few algorithms already in place.

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-guide.html

I'm just not sure which algorithm would fit my purpose. Any suggestions?