Hi,

I have had my Hive metastore database on Oracle 11g supporting concurrency
(with added transactional capability)

Over the past few days I created a new schema on Oracle 12c on Solid State
Disks (SSD) and used databump (exdp, imdp) to migrate Hive database from
Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c on SSD.

Couple of years ago I did some work for OLTP operations (many random access
via index scan plus serial scans) for Oracle 11g and SAP ASE 15.7. I
noticed that for Random Access with Index scans the performance improves by
a factor of 20  because of much faster seek time for SSD

https://www.scribd.com/doc/119707722/IOUG-SELECT-Q312-Final

I have recently seen some contention for access resources in Hive database,
so I think going to SSD will improve the performance of Hive in general.

I will look at AWR reports to see how beneficial this set up is as this
Oracle instance is more and less dedicated to Hive.

HTH

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *