Thanks,
Regards,
Weiping

On 25.04.2016 17:20, Chadha Pooja wrote:
Reduce By Key is a Transformation

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/programming-guide.html#transformations

Thanks
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pooja Chadha
Senior Architect
THE BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP
Mobile +1 617 794 3862

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Weiping Qu [mailto:q...@informatik.uni-kl.de]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 11:05 AM
To: u...@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: reduceByKey as Action or Transformation

Hi,

I'd like just to verify that whether reduceByKey is transformation or
actions.
As written in RDD papers, spark flow will not be triggered only if
actions are reached.
I tried and saw that the my flow will be executed once there is a
reduceByKey while it is categorized into transformations in Spark 1.6.1
specification.

Thanks and Regards,
Weiping

The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.
This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message,
you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or
any information contained in the message. If you have received this material
in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you.