OK. So the Kafka side they use rebalance.backoff.ms of 2000 which is a
default for rebalancing and they say that refresh.leader.backoff.ms of 200
to refresh leader is very aggressive and suggested us to increase it to
2000. Even after increasing to 2500 I still get Leader Lost Errors.

Is  refresh.leader.backoff.ms the right setting in the app for it to wait
till the leader election and rebalance is done from the Kafka side assuming
that Kafka has  rebalance.backoff.ms of 2000  ?