We are on spark 1.5.1
Above change was to add a shutdown hook.
I am not adding shutdown hook in code, so inbuilt shutdown hook is being
called.
Driver signals that it is going to to graceful shutdown, but executor sees
that Driver is dead and it shuts down abruptly.
Could this issue be related to yarn? I see correct behavior locally. I did
"yarn kill ...." to kill the job.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:28 PM Deepak Sharma <deepakmc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is happening because spark context shuts down without shutting down
> the ssc first.
> This was behavior till spark 1.4 ans was addressed in later releases.
> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/6307
>
> Which version of spark are you on?
>
> Thanks
> Deepak
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Rakesh H (Marketing Platform-BLR) <
> rakes...@flipkart.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it seems to be the case.
>> In this case executors should have continued logging values till 300, but
>> they are shutdown as soon as i do "yarn kill ......"
>>
>> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM Deepak Sharma <deepakmc...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So in your case , the driver is shutting down gracefully , but the
>>> executors are not.
>>> IS this the problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Deepak