Hi,

We can see in [2] many interesting (and expected!) improvements (promises) like
extended SQL support, unified API (DataFrames, DataSets), improved engine
(Tungsten relates to ideas from modern compilers and MPP databases - similar to
Flink [3]), structured streaming etc. It seems we somehow assist at a smart
unification of Big Data analytics (Spark, Flink - best of two worlds)!

How does Spark respond to the missing What/Where/When/How questions
(capabilities) highlighted in the unified model Beam [1] ?

Best,
Ovidiu

[1]
https://cloud.google.com/blog/big-data/2016/05/why-apache-beam-a-google-perspective