I don't think any of the developers use this as an official channel, but all
the ASF IRC channels are indeed on FreeNode. If there's demand for it, we can
document this on the website and say that it's mostly for users to find other
users. Development discussions should happen on the dev mailing list and JIRA
so that they can easily be archived and found afterward.

Matei