Hi,

Seems you'd be better off using DataFrame#join instead of  RDD.cartesian
because it always needs shuffle operations which have alot of overheads
such as reflection, serialization, ...
In your case,  since the smaller table is 7mb, DataFrame#join uses a
broadcast strategy.
This is a little more efficient than  RDD.cartesian.

// maropu

--
---
Takeshi Yamamuro