HI all, I have a problem when using hiveserver2 and beeline.
when I use CLI mode, the udf works well.
But when I begin to use hiveserver2 and beeline, the udf can not work.
My Spark version is 1.5.1.
I tried 2 methods, first:
######
add jar /home/hadoop/dmp-udf-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar;
create temporary function URLEncode as "com.dmp.hive.udfs.utils.URLEncode" ;

errors:
Error: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: undefined function URLEncode;
line 1 pos 207 (state=,code=0)

second:
create temporary function URLEncode as 'com.dmp.hive.udfs.utils.URLEncode'
using jar
'hdfs:///warehouse/dmpv3.db/datafile/libjars/dmp-udf-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar';

the error is same:
Error: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: undefined function URLEncode;
line 1 pos 207 (state=,code=0)

###

can anyone give some suggestions? Or how to use udf in hiveserver2/beeline mode?