I don't believe the intent was to get it out before Spark Summit or
something. That shouldn't drive the schedule anyway. But now that
there's a 2.0.0 preview available, people who are eager to experiment
or test on it can do so now.

That probably reduces urgency to get it out the door in order to
deliver new functionality. I guessed the 2.0.0 release would be mid
June and now I'd guess early July. But, nobody's discussed it per se.

In theory only fixes, tests and docs are being merged, so the JIRA
count should be going down. It has, slowly. Right now there are 72
open issues for 2.0.0, of which 20 are blockers. Most of those are
simple "audit x" or "document x" tasks or umbrellas, but, they do
represent things that have to get done before a release, and that to
me looks like a few more weeks of finishing, pushing, and sweeping
under carpets.