I'm using the Spark Thrift server to execute SQL queries over JDBC.
I'm wondering if it's possible to plugin a class to do some
pre-processing on the SQL statement before it gets passed to the
SQLContext for actual execution? I scanned over the code and it
doesn't look like this is supported but I wanted to ask here to be
sure.

I still need the SQLContext to do my pre-processing, which is why I
can't do it client-side. And, before anyone goes down the path of what
I'm doing in the pre-processing, I don't think it's important to this
discussion. Mainly I'm looking for a hook to apply some custom logic
on the server-side before the SQL gets executed.

Thanks.
Tim