Hi,

I tried what you suggested and started the slave using the following
command:

start-slave.sh --cores 1 <master>

But it still seems to start as many pyspark daemons as the number of cores
in the node (1 parent and 3 workers). Limiting it via spark-env.sh file by
giving SPARK_WORKER_CORES=1 also didn't help.

When you said it helped you and limited it to 2 processes in your cluster,
how many cores did each machine have?

--
Regards,

Ashwin Raaghav