Ben,
   Note that Snappydata's primary objective is to be a distributed
in-memory DB for mixed workloads (i.e. streaming with transactions and
analytic queries). On the other hand, Spark, till date, is primarily
designed as a processing engine over myriad storage engines (SnappyData
being one). So, the marriage is quite complementary. The difference
compared to other stores is that SnappyData realizes its solution by deeply
integrating and collocating with Spark (i.e. share spark executor
memory/resources with the store) avoiding serializations and shuffle in
many situations.

On your specific thought about being similar to Structured streaming, a
better discussion could be a comparison to the recently introduced State
store
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ncawFx8JS5Zyfq1HAEGBx56RDet9wfVp_hDM8ZL254/edit#heading=h.2h7zw4ru3nw7>
(perhaps
this is what you meant).
It proposes a KV store for streaming aggregations with support for updates.
The proposed API will, at some point, be pluggable so vendors can easily
support alternate implementations to storage, not just HDFS(default store
in proposed State store).

-----
Jags
SnappyData blog <http://www.snappydata.io/blog>