I am trying to find the root cause of recent Spark application failure in
production. When the Spark application is running I can check NodeManager's
yarn.nodemanager.log-dir property to get the Spark executor container logs.

The container has logs for both the running Spark applications

Here is the view of the container logs: drwx--x--- 3 yarn yarn 51 Jul 19 09:04
application_1467068598418_0209 drwx--x--- 5 yarn yarn 141 Jul 19 09:04
application_1467068598418_0210

But when the application is killed both the application logs are automatically
deleted. I have set all the log retention setting etc in Yarn to a very large
number. But still these logs are deleted as soon as the Spark applications are
crashed.

Question: How can we retain these Spark application logs in Yarn for debugging
when the Spark application is crashed for some reason.