Hi Jestin,

I need to expand on this in the Spark notes.

Spark can handle data locality itself but if the Spark nodes run on
separate nodes than HDFS' there's always the network between them that
makes the performance worse comparing to co-location of Spark and HDFS
nodes.

These are mere details and does not really influence the main question
about level of parallelism (yet it is related).

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/