Can someone also provide input on why my code may not be working? Below, I
have pasted part of my previous reply which describes the issue I am having
here. I am really more perplexed about the first set of code (in bold). I
know why the second set of code doesn't work, it is just something I
initially tried.

>> Although I know this is not the best approach for something I plan to
put in
>> production, I have been trying to write a udf to turn the sparse vector
into
>> a dense one and apply the udf in withcolumn(). withColumn() complains
that
>> the data is a tuple. I think the issue might be the datatype parameter.
The
>> function returns a vector of doubles but there is no type that would be
>> adequate for this.

*>> sparseToDense=udf(lambda data: float(DenseVector([data.toArray()])),>>
DoubleType())>>
denseTrainingRdf=trainingRdfAssemb.withColumn("denseFeatures",>>
sparseToDense("features"))*

>> However the function works outside the udf, but I am unable to add an
>> arbitrary column to the data frame I started out working with.
*Thoughts?*