Spark Shuffle uses Java File related API to create local dirs and R/W data,
so it can only be worked with OS supported FS. It doesn't leverage Hadoop
FileSystem API, so writing to Hadoop compatible FS is not worked.

Also it is not suitable to write temporary shuffle data into distributed
FS, this will bring unnecessary overhead. In you case if you have large
memory on each node, you could use ramfs instead to store shuffle data.

Thanks
Saisai