Actually I doubled checked this ā€˜sā€™ String Interpolator

In Scala

scala> val chars =  "This is Scala"
chars: String = This is Scala

scala> println($"$chars")
This is Scala
OK so far fine. In shell (ksh) can do

chars="This is Scala"
print "$chars"
This is Scala

In Shell

print "$charsand it is interesting"
 it is interesting

Have a problem with interpretation!

This will work by using {} brackers

print "${chars} and it is interesting"
This is Scala and it is interesting

In Scala

println($"$charsand it is interesting")
<console>:24: error: not found: value charsand
       println($"$charsand it is interesting")

Likewise shell this will work by deploying the brackets {}

println($"${chars} and it is interesting")
This is Scala and it is interesting
So I presume it is best practice to use ${} in Scala like shell? Although
in most cases $VALUE should work.

Cheers

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *