In Tableau you can use the in-memory facilities of the Tableau server.

As said, Apache Ignite could be one way. You can also use it to make Hive
tables in-memory. While reducing IO can make sense, I do not think you will
receive in production systems so much difference (at least not 20x). If the
data is processed in parallel then IO will be done in parallel thanks to the
architecture of HDFS. Oracle Exadata exploits similar concepts. The advantage
of Ignite compared to e.g.Exadata would be that you have also the indexes of
ORC and Parquet in-memory which avoids reading data in-memory that is not
needed for the query.
That being said, even if you use in-memory it still makes sense that some data
is pre-aggregated/calculated for the users based on their needs.