Hi all,
I am using spark 2.0 and would like execute the command below to drop the
partition with PURGE.

sql = "ALTER TABLE db.table1 DROP IF EXISTS PARTITION (pkey='150') PURGE"
spark.sql(sql)

It throws exception:
/Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o45.sql.
: org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.parser.ParseException:
Operation not allowed: ALTER TABLE ... DROP PARTITION ... PURGE(line 1, pos
0)

== SQL ==
ALTER TABLE exp_project_1463.ds_item1 DROP IF EXISTS PARTITION (pkey='150')
PURGE
^^^/

Without PURGE, I can execute successfully.
Any idea what is going wrong?

Thank you.