Hello,

I really wonder that whether i can stream compressed data with using
KafkaUtils.createDirectStream(...) or not.

This is formal code that i use ;

JavaPairInputDStream<String, String> messages =
KafkaUtils.createStream(javaStreamingContext, zookeeperConfiguration,
groupName, topicMap, StorageLevel.MEMORY_AND_DISK_SER());

 final JavaDStream<String> lines = messages.map(new
Function<Tuple2&lt;String, String>, String>() {
            @Override
            public String call(Tuple2<String, String> tuple2) {
                System.out.println("Stream Received: " + tuple2._2());
                return tuple2._2();
            }
        });

in this code i am consuming string message but in my case i need to consume
compressed data from stream then uncompress it and finally read string
message.

Could you please asist me how i can go in right way ? ı am a bit confused
that whether spark streaming has this ability or not.