You can try updating metrics.properties for the sink of your choice. In our
case, we add the following for getting application metrics in JSON format
using http

*.sink.reifier.class= org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.MetricsServlet

Here, we have defined the sink with name reifier and its class is the
MetricsServlet class. Then you can poll <master
ui>/metrics/applications/json

Take a look at https://github.com/hammerlab/spark-json-relay if it serves
your need.

Thanks,