Dear Spark Users,

Has anyone had successful experience running Spark on Mesos with GPU support?
We have a Mesos cluster that can see and offer nvidia GPU resources. With
Spark, it seems that the GPU support with Mesos
(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/14644
<https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/14644>) has only recently been merged
into Spark Master which is not found in 2.0.2 release yet. We have a custom
built Spark from 2.1-rc5 which is confirmed to have the above change. However
when we try to run any code from Spark on this Mesos setup, the spark program
hangs and keeps saying

“WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your
cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources”

We are pretty sure that the cluster has enough resources as there is nothing
running on it. If we disable the GPU support in configuration and restart mesos
and retry the same program, it would work.

Any comment/advice on this greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Ji

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.