Probably found it, it turns out that Mesos should be explicitly added while
building Spark, I assumed I could use the old build command that I used for
building Spark 2.0.0... Didn't see the two lines added in the
documentation...

Maybe these kind of changes could be added in the changelog under changes
of behaviour or changes in the build process or something like that,

kind regards,
Richard