Hi Fei,

How you tried coalesce(numPartitions: Int, shuffle: Boolean = false) ?

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/branch-1.6/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDD.scala#L395

coalesce is mostly used for reducing the number of partitions before
writing to HDFS, but it might still be a narrow dependency (satisfying your
requirements) if you increase the # of partitions.

Best,
Anastasios

--
-- Anastasios Zouzias