So what was the answer?

-------- Original message --------From: Andrew Holway
<andrew.hol...@otternetworks.de> Date: 1/15/17  11:37 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Marco
Mistroni <mmistr...@gmail.com> Cc: Neil Jonkers <neilod...@gmail.com>, User
<user@spark.apache.org> Subject: Re: Running Spark on EMR
Darn. I didn't respond to the list. Sorry.

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Marco Mistroni <mmistr...@gmail.com> wrote:
thanks Neil. I followed original suggestion from Andrw and everything is
working fine nowkr
On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Neil Jonkers <neilod...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
Can you drop the url:
 spark://master:7077
The url is used when running Spark in standalone mode.
Regards

-------- Original message --------From: Marco Mistroni  Date:15/01/2017  16:34
(GMT+02:00) To: User  Subject: Running Spark on EMR
hi all could anyone assist here?i am trying to run spark 2.0.0 on an EMR
cluster,but i am having issues connecting to the master nodeSo, below is a
snippet of what i am doing

sc = SparkSession.builder.master(sparkHost).appName("DataProcess").getOrCreate()

sparkHost is passed as input parameter. that was thought so that i can run the
script locallyon my spark local instance as well as submitting scripts on any
cluster i want

Now i have 1 - setup a cluster on EMR. 2 - connected to masternode3  - launch
the command spark-submit myscripts.py spark://master:7077
But that results in an connection refused exceptionThen i have tried to remove
the .master call above and launch the script with the following command
spark-submit --master spark://master:7077   myscript.py  but still i am
gettingconnectionREfused exception

I am using Spark 2.0.0 , could anyone advise on how shall i build the spark
session and how can i submit a pythjon script to the cluster?
kr marco

--
Otter Networks UG
http://otternetworks.de