Hi,
I'm using Spark 2.1.0 on Zeppelin.

I can successfully create a table but when I try to select from it I fail:
spark.sql("create table foo (name string)")
res0: org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame = []

spark.sql("select * from foo")

org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException:
Hive support is required to select over the following tables:
`default`.`zibi`
;;
'Project [*]
+- 'SubqueryAlias foo
+- 'SimpleCatalogRelation default, CatalogTable(
Table: `default`.`foo`
Created: Wed Feb 08 12:52:08 UTC 2017
Last Access: Wed Dec 31 23:59:59 UTC 1969
Type: MANAGED
Schema: [StructField(name,StringType,true)]
Provider: hive
Storage(Location: hdfs:/user/spark/warehouse/foo, InputFormat:
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TextInputFormat, OutputFormat:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat))

This is a change in behavior from 2.0.2, any idea why ?

Thank you,
Daniel