Could you just make Hadoop's resource manager (port 8088) available to your
users, and they can check available containers that way if they see the
launch is stalling?

Another option is to reduce the default # of executors and memory per
executor in the launch script to some small fraction of your cluster size,
and make it so users can manually ask for more if they need to.  It doesn't
take a whole lot of workers/memory to build most of your spark code off a
sample.

Jon

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Sachin Aggarwal <different.sac...@gmail.com