Hi,
Depending on the Kafka version (< 0.8.2 I think), offsets are managed in
Zookeeper and if you have lots of consumer it's recommended to use a
dedicated zookeeper cluster (always with dedicated disks, even SSD is
better). On newer version offsets are managed in special Kafka topics and
Zookeeper is only used to store metadata, you can share it with Hadoop.
Maybe you can reach a limit depending on the size of your Kafka, the number
of topics, producers/consumers... but I have never heard yet. Another point
is to be careful about security on Zookeeper, sharing a cluster means you
get the same security level (authentication or not)