Hey all,

Thanks! I had a discussion with the person who authored that package and
informed about this bug, but in the meantime with the same thing, found a
small tweak to ensure the job is done.

Now that is fine, I'm getting the date as a string by predefining the
Schema but I want to later convert it to a datetime format, which is making
it this -

>>> from pyspark.sql.functions import from_unixtime, unix_timestamp
>>> df2 = dflead.select('Enter_Date',
from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('Enter_Date', 'MM/dd/yyy')).alias('date'))

>>> df2.show()

[image: Inline image 1]

Which is not correct (as it is converting the 15 to 0015 instead of 2015.
Do you guys think using the DateUtil package will solve this? Or any other
solution with this built-in package?

Please help!

Thanks,
Aakash.