Hi,

it would be much simpler in case you just provide two tables with the
samples of input and output. Going through the verbose text and trying to
read and figure out what is happening is a bit daunting.

Personally, given that you have your entire data in Parquet, I do not think
that you will need to have a large cluster size at all. You can do it with
a small size cluster as well, but depending on the cluster size, you might
want to create intermediate staging tables or persist the data.

Also it will be of help if you could kindly provide the EMR version that
you are using.

On another note also mention the AWS Region you are in. If Redshift
Spectrum is available, or you can use Athena, or you can use Presto, then
running massive aggregates over huge data sets at fraction of cost and at
least 10x speed may be handy as well.

Let me know in case you need any further help.

Regards,
Gourav