Hi
if you're interested in stopping you're spark application externally, you
will probably need a way to communicate with the spark driver  (which start
and holds a ref to the spark context)
this can be done by adding some code to the driver app, for example:

   - you can expose a rest api that stop the query and the spark context
   - if running in client mode you can listen to stdin
   - you can also listen to an external system (like kafka)

Eyal