Can you share your code and a sample of your data? WIthout seeing it, I
can't give a definitive answer. I can offer some hints. If you have a
column of strings you should either be able to create a new column casted
to Integer. This can be accomplished two ways:

df.withColumn("newColumn", df.currentColumn.cast(IntegerType))

or

val df = df.select("cast(CurretColumn as int) newColum")

Without seeing your json, I really can't offer assistance.