Hi
 From personal experience....and I might be asking u obvious question
1. Does it work in standalone (no cluster)
2. Can u break down app in pieces and try to see at which step the code
gets killed?
3. Have u had a look at spark gui to see if we executors go oom?

I might be oversimplifying what spark does. But if ur logic works
standalone and does not work in cluster....the cluster might b ur
problem..(apart from modules not being serializable)
If it breaks in no cluster mode then it's easier to debug
I am no way an expert, just talking from my little personal experience.
I m sure someone here can give more hints on how to debug properly a spark
app
Hth