Hi Michael,

I think that is what I am trying to show here as the documentation mentions
"NOTE: In Spark 1.0 and later this will be overridden by SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS
(Standalone, Mesos) or LOCAL_DIRS (YARN) environment variables set by the
cluster manager."

So, in a way I am supporting your statement :)

Regards,
Gourav