I've been learning spark-sql and have been trying to export and import
some of the generated schemas to edit them. I've been writing the
schemas to strings like df1.schema.toString() and
df.schema.catalogString

But I've been having trouble loading the schemas created. Does anyone
know if it's possible to work with the catalogString? I couldn't find
too many resources working with it. Is it possible to create a schema
from this string and load from it using the SparkSession?

Similarly I haven't yet sucessfully loaded the toString Schema, after
some small edits...

There's a little tidbit about some of this here:
https://jaceklaskowski.gitbooks.io/mastering-spark-sql/spark-sql-DataType.html