Hi Team,

We are currently working on POC based on Spark and Scala.
we have to read 18million records from parquet file and perform the 25 user
defined aggregation based on grouping keys.
we have used spark high level Dataframe API for the aggregation. On cluster of
two node we could finish end to end job ((Read+Aggregation+Write))in 2 min.

Cluster Information:
Number of Node:2
Total Core:28Core
Total RAM:128GB

Component:
Spark Core

Scenario:
How-to

Tuning Parameter:
spark.serializer org.apache.spark.serializer.KryoSerializer
spark.default.parallelism 24
spark.sql.shuffle.partitions 24
spark.executor.extraJavaOptions -XX:+UseG1GC
spark.speculation true
spark.executor.memory 16G
spark.driver.memory 8G
spark.sql.codegen true
spark.sql.inMemoryColumnarStorage.batchSize 100000
spark.locality.wait 1s
spark.ui.showConsoleProgress false
spark.io.compression.codec org.apache.spark.io.SnappyCompressionCodec
Please let us know, If you have any ideas/tuning parameter that we can use to
finish the job in less than one min.

Regards,
Pallavi
DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems