Hello everyone,

I'd like to revisit the topic of adding PySpark type annotations in 3.0. It
has been discussed before (
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Python-friendly-API-for-Spark-3-0-td25016.html
and
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/PYTHON-PySpark-typing-hints-td21560.html)
and is tracked by SPARK-17333 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-17333). Is there any consensus
here?

In the spirit of full disclosure I am trying to decide if, and if yes to
what extent, migrate my stub package (
https://github.com/zero323/pyspark-stubs) to 3.0 and beyond. Maintaining
such package is relatively time consuming (not being active PySpark user
anymore, it is the least priority for me at the moment) and if there any
official plans to make it obsolete, it would be a valuable information for
me.

If there are no plans to add native annotations to PySpark, I'd like to use
this opportunity to ask PySpark commiters, to drop by and open issue (
https://github.com/zero323/pyspark-stubs/issues)  when new methods are
introduced, or there are changes in the existing API (PR's are of course
welcomed as well). Thanks in advance.

--
Best,
Maciej