Thank you for your answers!

While it is clear each DL framework can solve the distributed model
training on their own (some better than others).  Still I see a lot of
value of having Spark on the ETL/pre-processing part, thus the origin of my
question.
I am trying to avoid to mange multiple stacks/workflows and hoping to unify
my system. Projects like TensorflowOnSpark or Analytics-Zoo (to name
couple) feels like they can help, still I really appreciate your comments
and anyone that could add some value to this discussion. Does anyone have
experience with them?

Thanks