Yes that's exactly what happens, but I would think that if data node is
unavailable/unavailability of data for one of the nodes should not cause
indefinite wait.. Are there any properties we can set to avoid getting into
indefinite/non-deterministic outcome of a spark application?

--
Regards,

Rishi Shah