Hello,

I'm running Thrift server with PostgresSQL persistence for hive metastore.
I'm using Postgres 9.6 and spark 2.4.3 in this environment.

When I start Thrift server I get lots of errors while creating the schema
and it happen everytime I reach postgres, like:

19/06/06 15:51:59 WARN Datastore: Error initialising derby schema : ERROR:
syntax error at or near "NAME"
  Position: 67
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "NAME"
  Position: 67

org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusException: JDBC type LONGVARCHAR declared
for field "org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MTable.viewExpandedText"
of java type java.lang.String cant be mapped for this datastore.

And then I get many times this other error:

Failed to generate new Mapping of type
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.mapping.datastore.CharRDBMSMapping, exception :
String max length of 1 is outside the acceptable range [0, 0] for column
""IS_COMPRESSED""
String max length of 1 is outside the acceptable range [0, 0] for column
""IS_COMPRESSED""

My suspicion is some  version mismatch between spark persistence libraries,
the JDBC Driver version(42.2.5)  and postgres, but the versions are the
same as in spark 2.2.3 (where I have a working environment).

Anyone have any ideas about what can cause these issues?

--

Ricardo Martinelli De Oliveira

--

Ricardo Martinelli De Oliveira