Hi all,

When working with spark jobs, I sometimes have to tackle with serialization
issues, and I have a difficult time trying to fix those. A lot of times,
the serialization issues happen only in cluster mode across the network in
a mesos container, so I can’t debug locally. And the exception thrown by
spark is not very helpful to find the cause.

I’d love to hear some tips on how to debug in the right places. Also, I’d
be interested to know if in future releases it would be possible to point
out which class or function is causing the serialization issue (right now I
find its either Java generic classes or the class Spark is running itself).
Thanks!
--
Cheers,
Ruijing Li