Hi,
  I was wondering if it would be possible to fit only the intercept on
a LinearRegression instance by providing a known coefficient?

Here is some background information: we have a problem where linear
regression is well suited as a predictor. However, the model requires
continuous adoption. During an initial training, the coefficient and
the intercept of the linear model are determined from a given set of
training data. Later, this model requires adoption during which the
intercept has to be adopted to a new set of training data (the
coefficient, in other words the slope, remains the same as obtained
from the initial model).

I had a look on the Java API for LinearRegression and could not find a
way how to only fit the intercept and set initial parameters for a fit.
Am I missing something? Is there a way how to to do this with the
LinearRegression class in Sparks' ML package or do I have to use a
different approach?

Thanks in advance.

regards
 Eugen