Hi all,

I am new to the Spark community. Please ignore if this question doesn't make
sense.

My PySpark Dataframe is just taking a fraction of time (in ms) in 'Sorting',
but moving data is much expensive (> 14 sec).

Explanation:

I have a huge Arrow RecordBatches collection which is equally distributed on
all of my worker node's memories (in plasma_store). Currently, I am collecting
all those RecordBatches back in my master node, merging them, and converting
them to a single Spark Dataframe. Then I apply sorting function on that
dataframe.

Spark dataframe is a cluster distributed data collection.

So my question is:

Is it possible to create a Spark dataframe from all that already distributed
Arrow RecordBatches data collections in the worker's nodes memories? So that
the data should remain in the respective worker's nodes memories (instead of
bringing it to master node, merging, and then creating distributed dataframe).

Thanks!

Regards,
Tanveer Ahmad