Hi All,

We ingest alot of restful APIs into our lake and I'm wondering if it is at
all possible to created a rest sink in structured streaming?

For now I'm only focusing on restful services that have an incremental ID
so my sink can just poll for new data then ingest.

I can't seem to find a connector that does this and my gut instinct tells
me it's probably because it isn't possible due to something completely
obvious that I am missing

I know some RESTful API obfuscate the IDs to a hash of strings and that
could be a problem but since I'm planning on focusing on just numerical IDs
that just get incremented I think I won't be facing that issue

Can anyone let me know if this sounds like a daft idea? Will I need
something like Kafka or kinesis as a buffer and redundancy or am I
overthinking this?

I would love to bounce ideas with people who runs structured streaming jobs
in production

Kind regards
San