Does anyone know if ANALYZE TABLE is supported on Spark 2.3.2? The command
doesnt appear in the documentation
(spark.apache.org/docs/2.3.2/sql-programming-guide.html)  although we can
launch it with estrange results
The analyse table job takes hours and doesnt launch any executors, it just
runs in the Driver process.

At the same time , on spark 3 the command is properly documented on the SQL
Reference (http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-ref-syntax.html)

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Should we assume that if the analyse
table command is not listed in the SQL Reference is not supported?

And second question, have tried to run the Hive Analyse table instead? Could
you share your results?

thx